Terms & Conditions Regarding Ticket Purchases
1. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions:
(a) “Event” means an Event organised and promoted by Us;
(b) “We” or “us” or means SKU Group Pty Ltd ACN 636 060 79 and “our” has a corresponding meaning;
(c) “Local Tickets means Local Tickets Pty Ltd ACN 154 816 350 the agent selling tickets to Our Event on Our behalf;
(d) “Venue” means the location at which an Event occurs; and
(e) “You” means the person who purchases ticket for an Event and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
Deemed Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
Pricing and Payment
3. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST. Your ticket is a tax invoice.
4. Prices are subject to change without notice.
5. A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase. Please enquire of Local Tickets in this respect.
Rights and Obligations as Event Organiser
6. This web site is owned by us. We are the promoters and organisers of each Event we run but we sell tickets to each Event via the agency of Local Tickets. Local Tickets sell the tickets and offer their own terms and conditions of sale. These terms and conditions operate separately as between you as the attendee and us as the promoter or organiser of each Event.
7. We reserve the right to add, withdraw or substitute speakers or featured guests, vary advertised programs, vary ticket prices, performance times, venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity without notice. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
8. We reserve the right not to sell tickets to any person, agent or company in our discretion and to direct Local Tickets to follow that direction.
9. We reserve the right to alter the date, the venue and the entertainment and activities as advertised, without prior notice to you. Your entitlement to a refund in such circumstances is determined by us but will not be considered where the entertainment offered is comparable to what was originally outlined in promotional material for the Event.
10. Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or packaged, resold or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without our prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the ticket may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission.
Refunds, Cancellations and Changes
11. All tickets once purchased cannot be refunded, exchanged or cancelled, except as agreed by us or as required by these Terms and Conditions or by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
12. If an Event is cancelled by us then a full refund will be available to you and will be processed via Local Tickets in the manner detailed on their website.
13. You may be entitled at law to a refund where an Event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (including The Australian Consumer Law), we will not reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an Event. We recommend you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses.
14. You will not be entitled to a refund where:
(a) you did not enjoy the Event or were dissatisfied with the performance at the Event.
(b) you are unable to attend the Event for reasons including, without limitation, your illness, the illness of any person accompanying you to the Event or other person for whom you need to care, transport failure or delay, or where you choose not to attend the Event for which you purchased the Ticket.
(c) you arrive late to an Event and are refused entry on the grounds that latecomers will not be admitted or are delayed admission or re-admission until a suitable break in the performance.
(d) you have been refused entry to or evicted from the Venue.
(e) there is a change to the ticket price, for example, in response to varying levels of consumer demand. Such alterations do not affect the Terms and Conditions applying to Tickets purchased prior to the price change and do not entitle you to claim a refund on your Ticket price or the difference between your Ticket price and the newly adjusted Ticket price.
15. We will endeavour to advise you via email if an Event is cancelled or rescheduled but cannot be held responsible for any failure to specifically communicate such cancellation to you personally. We recommend you check our website for information in relation to any Events.
16. Please contact us directly first in order to determine your eligibility for a refund. We will then arrange a refund via Local Tickets.
17. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), we are not liable to refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
Conditions of Entry
18. Attendance at the Event and the right of admission is reserved by the Venue and by use. By attending an Event, you agree to the Venue’s conditions of entry. The Venue’s conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket. The Venue’s conditions of entry are usually available online or you can ask the Venue for a copy of any such conditions.
19. The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Venue. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission.
20. You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
21. The performance will commence promptly at the advertised time.
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
22. You enter the Venue at your own risk.
23. You understand that attendance at any Event and/or the Venue may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property.
24. By attending the Event and/or the Venue, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue. This includes damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other ticketholders, visitors, guests, and our employees and agents.
25. The terms and conditions that apply to any particular transaction will be the published terms and conditions at the time the transaction was finalised. Subject to the preceding sentence, we may alter or change the terms and conditions as they appear on our website from time to time effective immediately from posting on the web site.
26. You should periodically check this page and the Local Tickets webpage to ensure you are aware of the latest terms and conditions.
Enquiries and Complaints
27. For enquiries or complaints regarding the
(a) sale and delivery of tickets please contact Local Tickets;
(b) staff and / or amenities at a venue or Event, please contact the venue management; or
(c) things which happen on the day of the Event, such as the performance of any speaker or featured guest, please contact us.
Promotions and Competitions
28. If you received your ticket as a prize, gift, donation or otherwise for no cost, these Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion or competition (Competition Terms), apply to your use of the ticket.
29. These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on our website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
30. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
31. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
32. The terms and conditions that apply to any particular transaction will be the published terms and conditions at the time the transaction was finalised. Subject to the preceding sentence, we may alter or change the terms and conditions as they appear on our website from time to time effective immediately from posting on the web site.
33. You should periodically check this page and the Local Tickets webpage to ensure you are aware of the latest terms and conditions.
34. The images, text, logos and artwork contained within this site are copyright to us and any other relevant licensors. All rights are reserved. Unauthorised use by way of copying, storage, reproduction, publishing electronically or otherwise transmitting in any form or by any means in whole or in part is prohibited.